26 June – 19 September 2010
Lower Level 1
Hear an introduction to the exhibition by Edmund Capon, Gallery director
Discover the work of the most influential artists of the modern era and how they changed the course of art forever.
Experimenting with colour and form, these artists explored exciting new ways of seeing and imagining.
This major exhibition of over 150 paintings, drawings and prints reveals how abstract art emerged around the world.
On loan from 59 of the most prestigious art collections in the world including the Museum of Modern Art, New York, Museu Picasso Barcelona, Centre National d’Art et de Culture Georges Pompidou, Tate Modern and National Gallery of Art, Washington.
• Adult $20
• Member/concession $15
• Family $55 (2 adults + up to 3 children/students)
• EXPRESS ENTRY: Buy tickets online – you must have access to a printer
• Booked school groups $5 per student: School bookings
• Season pass to Alfred Stieglitz and Paths to abstraction $50 adult, $40 member/concession (unlimited entry to both exhibitions for one person) – available in person only
• Audio guide available at ticketing desk $7 adult, $5 member/concession
WIN a luxury weekend escape in Sydney staying at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Enter at the Gallery when leaving the exhibition. Conditions apply.